The Preschool at Congregation Etz Hayim is a thriving part of our congregational family. By way of our skilled teachers, excellent student-teacher ratio, and rich curricula, our youngest members are immersed in Judaism and make new friends. Your child will learn the traditions of Shabbat and other Jewish holidays and, with the guidance of well-traveled teachers, visit Israel as they learn about its culture. Children explore the everyday topics of the natural world, community helpers, families, academic foundations (letters, numbers, etc.) and many more through art, music, drama, crafts, storytelling, and role-playing with a Jewish twist.
Half-Day Preschool 9:30a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- We enroll students in two-, three-, four-, and five-day classes with optional early drop off beginning at 8:00a.m.
- Class options consist of two and three day options for children 18 months to 2 years; three, four and five days for 3 year olds and five days for 4 years olds.
- Lunch bunch (12:30-1:15 p.m.) and enrichment (1:15-2:00 p.m.) offer additional options for students to extend the school day.
Full-Day Preschool 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The full-day program is available to children ages 2 through 5 years of age with priority given to children attending school 5 days per week.
- Afternoon enrichments are available to all children ages 3-5 for an additional fee.
- Early drop off is offered daily at 8:00 a.m. and evening care is available Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Our half- and full-day programs run on a school year schedule from September through early June.
Every action-packed weekday at our Preschool includes both structured learning and unstructured social time and play with other children, both inside and outside. Every family is connected to the curriculum and progress their child is making toward developmental goals with parent-teacher conferences, backpack mail, and e-mail as needed.
The Preschool experience does not end in the classroom. Join our community at Young Children’s Shabbat and Potluck, Pajama Havdalah, Family Sukkot Program, the annual Purim Carnival, and picnics. After-school enrichment programs in art, sports, and Jewish literacy make Congregation Etz Hayim’s Preschool a warm and exciting place to enjoy with friends.
The sturdy foundation of Judaism constructed in our Preschool seamlessly supports our Religious School program. Watch your children apply what they have learned en route to bar or bat mitzvah.
The total capacity of the Preschool is 86 children. Congregation Etz Hayim Preschool has a Religious Exemption from the Commonwealth of Virginia that is renewed annually. CEH Preschool is inspected annually by the Fire Department and Department of Environmental Services, and as a program of Congregation Etz Hayim, the facilities and staff are fully insured through the synagogue.
Contact Preschool Director Alexis Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to tour our school.