Religious School Teachers
We are seeking Religious School teachers for Sunday mornings (9:30 – 12:30) and Wednesday afternoons (4:45 – 6:45) during the 2019-20 school year. For Sundays, we are looking for teachers for 2nd, combined 3rd & 4th, and 7th Grades. For Wednesday, we are looking for teachers for 4th, 5th, and 7th Grades. We are also looking for a teacher for our combined 8th & 9th Grades for a 2x/month Sunday morning class.
We value Jewish knowledge, enthusiasm, creativity, love of children, and a sense of humor. Curriculum and support provided. We have small classes, engaged students and parents, and excellent clergy to support our program.
We prefer candidates with at least one year’s teaching experience in a Jewish congregational school setting or informal Jewish education experience such as camp. Please contact Laura Naide, Director of Religious Education at email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you!
Congregation Etz Hayim, a Conservative synagogue in Arlington, Virginia, is seeking an Education Assistant. This is a part-time position which includes Sunday morning Religious School sessions (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM), Wednesday afternoon Religious School sessions (4:00 – 7:00 PM), and some Shabbat and holiday responsibilities. The position is funded for 40 hours per month but weekly hours may vary due to the Jewish holidays and seasonal needs.
Please send résumés and cover letter to Laura Naide, Director of Religious Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job responsibilities for the Educational Administrator include both administrative and support tasks for all of our informal and formal educational programs. The ideal candidate is organized, patient, pays astute attention to detail, and approaches work with enthusiasm and a sense of humor. The ideal candidate will have interest in working with social media and marketing.
- Assists the Director of Religious Education, the Preschool Director, and the Youth Group Director in preparing for and carrying out educational and community-building activities.
- Works closely with the education staff to manage program needs, including scheduling space, logistics, purchasing food and supplies, setup, etc.
- Supports programming by tracking events to ensure timely publicity. Prepares promotional materials and publicizes events using multiple forms of communication (phone calls, fliers, social media, web postings, etc.). Provides input on marketing, recruitment and retention efforts.
- Helps evaluate programming to determine if goals and objectives are met. Suggests new programming ideas.
- General administrative support for the Religious School, including organizing classroom supplies, purchasing Religious School snacks, preparing informational emails, maintaining bulletin boards, and supporting teaching staff.
- Provides backup on security procedures (e.g., testing walkie-talkies, maintaining current emergency plans in each classroom, assisting with emergency drills).
- Serves as our Librarian by cataloging new books, stocking the lobby bookshelf with current titles, keeping the Library neat and inviting, and tracking recommendations for new books.
- Assists with Religious School and Preschool registration.
- Supports the Preschool Director during Summer Camp programming.
- Provides administrative support for other CEH staff (Rabbi, Bookkeeper, Office Manager) as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
Associate’s Degree or higher preferred. Prior experience with administration, social media, and Jewish education a plus. Excellent communication skills (written & oral). Can prioritize work assignments. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of ShulCloud is a plus.