Congregation Etz Hayim is seeking an Educational Administrator to begin August 1, 2018. This is a part-time position which includes Sunday morning Religious School sessions (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM), Wednesday afternoon Religious School sessions (4:00 – 7:00 PM), and some Shabbat and holiday responsibilities. The position is funded for 40 hours per month but weekly hours may vary due to the Jewish holidays and seasonal needs. This is a 10-month, school year position.
Please send résumés and cover letter to Laura Naide, Director of Religious Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
* Responsibilities and Duties
Job responsibilities for the Educational Administrator include both administrative and support tasks for all of our informal and formal educational programs. The ideal candidate is organized, patient, pays astute attention to detail, and approaches work with enthusiasm and a sense of humor. The ideal candidate will have interest in working with social media and marketing.
- Assists the Director of Religious Education, the Preschool Director, and the Youth Group Director in preparing for and carrying out educational and community-building activities.
- Works closely with the education staff to manage program needs, including scheduling space, logistics, purchasing food and supplies, setup, etc.
- Supports programming by tracking events to ensure timely publicity. Prepares promotional materials and publicizes events using multiple forms of communication (phone calls, fliers, social media, web postings, etc.). Provides input on marketing, recruitment and retention efforts.
- Helps evaluate programming to determine if goals and objectives are met. Suggests new programming ideas.
- General administrative support for the Religious School, including organizing classroom supplies, purchasing Religious School snacks, preparing informational emails, maintaining bulletin boards, and supporting teaching staff.
- Provides backup on security procedures (e.g., testing walkie-talkies, maintaining current emergency plans in each classroom, assisting with emergency drills).
- Serves as our Librarian by cataloging new books, stocking the lobby bookshelf with current titles, keeping the Library neat and inviting, and tracking recommendations for new books.
- Assists with Religious School and Preschool registration.
- Supports the Preschool Director during Summer Camp programming.
- Provides administrative support for other CEH staff (Rabbi, Bookkeeper, Office Manager) as needed.
* Qualifications and Skills
Associate’s Degree or higher preferred. Prior experience with administration, social media, and Jewish education a plus. Excellent communication skills (written & oral). Can prioritize work assignments. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of ShulCloud is a plus.
Religious School Teachers
We are seeking Religious School teachers for Sunday mornings (9:30 – 12:30) and Wednesday afternoons (4:45 – 6:45) during the 2018-19 school year. We are looking for teachers for 2nd and 7th Grades on Sundays and 4th and 7th Grades on Wednesdays. We are also looking for a teacher for our 8th & 9th Grades (combined) for a 2x/month Sunday morning class.
We value Jewish knowledge, enthusiasm, creativity, love of children, and a sense of humor. Curriculum and support provided. We have small classes, engaged students and parents, and excellent clergy to support our program.
We prefer candidates with at least one year’s teaching experience in a Jewish congregational school setting or informal Jewish education experience such as camp. Please contact Laura Naide, Director of Religious Education at email@example.com