Please consider making a contribution to Congregation Etz Hayim to support one of our many standing funds or special appeals. You may also contribute to our Preschool, Religious, or Adult Education programs. If you can’t decide which fund to support, make an unrestricted contribution, and we’ll use it where the need is greatest.
If you would like more information regarding one of the funds listed below, please contact us at email@example.com or 703.979.4466.
- Annual (Operating) Fund: Established by the Board of Directors as a general fund to cover all operating expenses.
- Building Fund: Established by the Board of Directors to underwrite the capital projects and major maintenance of the synagogue building.
- Endowment Fund: Established by the Board of Directors to underwrite the long-term capital needs of the Congregation.
- Enhancement Fund: Established by friends of the Congregation to underwrite the cost of acquiring items specifically needed to enhance the synagogue which cannot be funded through the annual budget.
- Jean Koshar Rothstein & Samuel Rothstein Memorial Fund: Established by the Rothstein family to honor the memory of Jean & Samuel Rothstein by providing support for Hebrew, Yiddish, and Bible adult education courses.
- Molly Sandler Children’s Book Fund: Established by the family and friends in memory of Molly Sandler to underwrite the purchase of books for the Children’s Library collection.
- Prayerbook and Chumash Fund: Established by the Board of Directors to underwrite acquisition and maintenance of suitable Chumashim and prayerbooks for the sanctuary.
- Preschool Fund: Established to fund special programs for the Preschool.
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund: Established by the Board of Directors to permit the Congregation’s Rabbi to contribute to charitable purposes without such expenses being included in the annual budget.
- Saul and Celia Bash Memorial Fund: Established by the family and friends to honor the memory of Saul and Celia Bash by underwriting costs for support of scholarly speakers.
- Scholarship and Awards Fund: Established by the Board of Directors for the development of programs which will enhance the initiative and performance of the students of our Religious School and to fund special youth activities.
- Social Action Fund: Established by the Board of Directors to allow the Congregation to donate to charitable causes in the greater community.
- SPECIAL APPEAL (please identify the Appeal, e.g., Kol Nidre Appeal)
Managed by CEH Sisterhood:
- Blanche Davidson Floral Fund: Established by the family in memory of Blanche Davidson to underwrite the purchase of weekly Shabbat floral arrangements. (PLEASE NOTE: All donations to this fund must be made payable to “Blanche Davidson Floral Fund.”)
- Kiddush Enhancement Fund – provides Kiddush lunches to congregants and our guests every Shabbat.